Immediately after your CIT procedure, you may apply the serums. Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil.
These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation. Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. When exposed to the sun, always use sun screen of SPF30 or above. (Do not apply for the 1st 12 hours after procedure.) You may clean your face with a gentle cleanser before bed.
- Redness or sensitivity might be present (and last up to 3-4 days) after CIT
- Use Tylenol only as needed for any soreness
- Flaking may start 3-5 days after CIT. Do not pick or scratch at treated skin but instead keep moisturized
- Avoid strenuous exercise or sweating for 24 hours due to open pores.
- Treat skin gently washing with a gentle cleanser, cool water, using hands only and pat dry
- May use cool compresses after peeling if experiencing discomfort, burning, redness, or swelling
- Avoid sun exposure for 14 days
- May use makeup after 24 hours
- Restart regular skin care regimen in 48 hours unless instructed otherwise
- Repeat treatments are recommended for optimal results. Follow up and repeat treatments as early as 4 weeks and for best results a series of 3-5 treatments
Day 1 (24 hours after procedure): On the next day, you may clean your face as usual and apply makeup, lotions and other topical products. Stay away from exfoliants or acids that are present in some cleaners as these can make your skin very dry after the procedure. Be sure to use a SPF30 or greater sunscreen!
Days 2-7: Within two days following your CIT procedure, you will notice skin dryness and flaking. This is due to an increased turnover of skin cells. During this period, you may apply your regular skin moisturizer. Follow the instructions given to you by your CIT professional. If CIT was performed around the eyes, you may have a little micro bruising that may exist for three to four days. This can easily be covered with makeup. Days later, your skin will start shedding. These are skin layers that would regularly shed a week later, but the microneedling brings this skin to the surface sooner. During this temporary process, your skin will shed and be dry. You may use your regular skin care products once your skin is not irritated.
Days 7+: A week after the CIT procedure, most patients notice that their skin is smoother and more radiant. Continue with sun protection every day and reapply every 2 hours if outdoors.
If you have any questions please contact us